U1-34 : THRILLER PROJECT 2008/9

Thursday 9 October 2008

Me thoughts on 'Item 13' (Gareth)

There were many aspects of 'Item 13' that I thought were impressive. I felt that the opening sequence had a tense and almost disterbing atmosphere to it. Futher more I thought it was intesting that they did this with out having an character or short plot involved. Going into more detail, the way this creepy atmosphere came together, using the lighting, the editing and the soundtrack was really good. I felt the lighting was good how at times, only a glimps of a picture would be filmed as part of it was shadowed. This was well mixed with the sound, that contributed to the haunting mood the sequence had. Also I like some of the effects used, particularly the water shots, that were also edited so they at times blended with other shots, continuing to add to the mood of the sequence.
Over all the main reason I like this opening sequence besides the finer details of it, such as lighting, is because it had a clear a unique style to it. I gave a strong atmosphere that would have set up the rest of the film well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

U1-34 : THRILLER PROJECT 2008/9